Finding the perfect place to live is an important event in our lives. Everyone has different needs. Doing your research will help you make the best choice possible. Windermere Property Management represents numerous properties offering many options. We are happy to help you with your search! Just ask us.
Steps to help you find a home
- Browse Our Website: view all unit information and photographs. Be clear of what your needs are regarding price, neighborhood, availability date, amenities, pets, and more. Please note that some rental pictures/videos may represent a sample of the unit and may not reflect specific details of a particular apartment.
- Visit the Property: drive by the unit you’ve chosen to see if it meet your needs regarding location, public transportation, traffic, noise, school locations, maintenance, parking and stairs.
- Confirm Availability: rentals can fill quickly, especially in a tight market. Stop by our office or call to confirm availability. An experienced agent in our office is here to help.
- Review these Forms: applicant screening criteria, our sample lease and the deposit agreement, to determine if you are able to fulfill all the requirements. Processing your application may be delayed or you may lose your place in line if you do not properly qualify.
- View the Rental: schedule an appointment to view the unit. Be sure to bring all roommates, significant others, parents, etc. to see the interior. Though you are not required to view a unit before applying, you must see the unit before moving in. Once a deposit/holding fee has been paid, we will not schedule any more showings to respect our current tenant’s privacy.
When your application is received
- Be prepared to pay a holding deposit and sign your lease upon application approval. Once approved, you have 24 hours to pay the holding fee deposit to secure the unit.
- Until all co-signer forms, roommate applications, and pet applications (if applicable) are turned in, and all application/cosigner fees paid, you are not considered “In Line” for the unit.
- A Property Manager will review all rental information, credit, employment, background and other data to determine your eligibility. When your unit/home is ready, your lease agreement will be emailed to all tenants and cosigners and must be signed by all parties prior to your move-in date.
- Windermere reviews all rental applications on a first completed and qualified basis.
- Some apartments do not provide guest parking or parking for any additional vehicles.
- Be sure your vehicle will fit in the space. Once assigned a parking space, it cannot be changed.
- Ask if the parking spaces are free or charged before committing to the lease.
No Smoking of any kind is permitted inside any unit or within 30 feet of any building.
Most leases are 12-months. Listings will usually indicate if a shorter term is available.
Not all Windermere units or buildings are pet friendly, and accommodation of a pet is subject to change without notice. If approved, a NON-REFUNDABLE pet fee and/or an additional deposit will be due at move in, and a signed “Pet Addendum” form will be required.
- Please review our online pet policy and a sample of our Pet Addendum before applying.
- We will require a picture of the pet, proof of current rabies vaccination (cats and dogs), and proof of licensing (dogs).
- Cats must be kept indoors at all times.
- We permit only 1 pet per unit, when a pet is allowed. On a case-by-case basis, 2 pets may be allowed with applicable pet fees.
- Where allowed, dog breeds are limited, and size is restricted to 50 pounds and under.
- Windermere rentals do not allow wild animals, farm animals, ferrets, rabbits, mice, rats, snakes, and large breed birds or reptiles.
- Small-aquarium fish are permitted (not to exceed 20 gallons) without special permission or a pet fee.